With only 300 pieces being made, the new PAM 341 Radiomir Egiziano is going to be exclusive and rare. The PAM 341, 60mm in size, houses the P.2002 manually wound movement. The PAM 342 comes with a rotating Titanium bezel, and an 8 day power reserve just like the original. The 342 also comes with a sandwich dial with a light brown strap.
Photos courtesy of ThePurists - (Click the PAM 341 zoom in)
Specifications on the Panerai PAM 341 Egiziano
- Movement: hand-wound mechanical, Panerai P.2002/7 calibre, executed entirely by Panerai, 13¾ lignes, 6.6 mm thick, 21 jewels, Glucydur® balance, 28,800 alternations/hour. Power reserve 8 days, three barrels. KIF Parechoc® anti-shock device. 191 components.
- Functions: hours, minutes, small seconds, seconds reset.
- Case: diameter 60 mm, brushed titanium.
- Bezel: brushed titanium.
- Back: screw, brushed titanium.
- Device protecting the crown: (protected as a Trademark) brushed titanium.
- Crystal: sapphire, formed of corundum, 5,8 mm thick. Anti-reflective coating.
- Water resistance: 100 metres.
- Strap: PANERAI personalised leather strap and large-size brushed titanium sewn-in buckle.
The Original PAM
The new Panerai PAM 341 is based off of the original stainless steel water-resistant GPF 2/56 that was created for Commandos of the Egyptian Navy in 1956. Very few of these original GPF 2/56′s were made – fifty, to be exact. They had 16″ Angelus 8-day movement (recognizable by the subsidiary seconds dial at 9), a rotating bezel, and a brown-colored dial. Not only did the signature Panerai security lever on the crown offer protection, it also enabled the watch to be wound under water.
For more information on new Panerai models, and for additional coverage on BaselWorld / SIHH 2009, visit The Purists.
[Images: Background photo of title image: amanico @ ThePurists]
Share on Twitter Digg This